Today is Easter Sunday. I don’t know exactly why people eat so much chocolate on this day, it almost makes me want to not eat any… but despite my best attempts to resist I had to indulge in a little dark chocolate for breakfast. Despite its sweet exterior, this little pot is packed full of the good stuff, bananas, buckwheat, dates and acai. This parfait takes a minute to prepare but the buckwheat needs soaking overnight.
It’s lightly sweetened with bananas, dates and a lavender buckwheat cream. The lavender is completely optional, but I think it turns this into a super fancy breakfast pot that could easily pass for a dessert.
- 1 cup soaked buckwheat, drained and rinsed well (soak overnight in 2 cups water)
- 3 frozen bananas
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond mylk (or any non dairy mylk)
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Acai
- 1 tsp edible dried lavender
- Chocolate granola, dark chocolate, rice syrup and edible flowers for decorating
- Add soaked buckwheat, 2 frozen bananas (save 1 for the lavender cream), dates and almond mylk to a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Layer three quarters of the mixture into two jars, leaving a small gap at the top.
- Add the remaining banana to the leftover mix and blend with Organic Burst Acai and lavender. Blend this until extra smooth. Taste and add more lavender or acai if required. Layer on top of your buckwheat parfaits and decorate. I used chocolate granola, dark chocolate, rice syrup and edible flowers.