A tropical turmeric smoothie, to recharge and boost your immune system! Turmeric has to be one of my favourite superfoods, it boasts an endless list of benefits and has been used for centuries to deal with pain and inflammation. If you’re new to turmeric, try adding a tsp at first and gradually building up until you’re used to the flavour. It can taste a little bitter to some people, which is why I’ve paired it with a delicious combination of fruits and ginger.
Recipe (Makes enough for two smoothies)
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1 mango
- 1 orange
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup nut mylk (I used pecan mylk)
- 1 tsp Organic Burst baobab
- l large handful of blueberries
- 1 small handful of blackberries (optional, but makes it more purple)
- 2 tsp Organic Burst acai
- Add all ingredients apart from the blueberries, blackberries and acai to your blender and mix well until smooth. Pop half the mix into the freezer to thicken.
- Add blueberries, blackberries and acai to the remaining mix and blend well.
- Grab your chilled golden smoothie and pour 3/4 into your glass. Now pour in the purple smoothie which should sink to the bottom. Swirl through with a chop stick to make pretty layers. Top with coconut shreds, blueberries and fresh mint.