If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’ll already know about my obsession with beetroot. Although it’s crazy good for you, I think I’m just drawn to the beautiful rich pink it gives anything it touches. Plus it’s much cheaper and far easier to get hold of than pitaya! Don’t fear though, with the right balance of ingredients you can’t even taste the beetroot. I couldn’t taste it at all in this bowl. Of course if you’re new to beets in your smoothie, just add a little at a time to make sure you like it.
Beetroot has been proven to increase athletic performance, lower blood pressure, increase blood flow and slow down the progression of dementia. Beetroot also contains choline. Choline maintains the structure of cellular membranes, assists the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2 raw peeled beetroot (mine were small, use less if you want to)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 small apple
- 1 kiwi (don’t worry about peeling)
- 1 tbsp acai powder (I used Organic Burst)
- 1 cup almond mylk
- Blend all ingredients together with half the almond mylk. Add more almond mylk until thick and pourable, but not too runny. Add a little water if it’s still too thick.
- Pour into bowl and top with fruit, buckinis, dairy free chocolate, coconut and rose petals.
Congratulations on the blog Bo! It looks lovely! Can’t wait to stalk all your posts! 🙌🏼