I’ve just come back from a super relaxing break in North Wales. Eight of us stayed in a 17th century cottage and spent our days away from phones, wifi and civilisation in general and it feels like I’ve had a recharge. My head feels clearer and my soul soothed. Predicting we’d be going on lots of long hikes, I created these berry boost cookies, made with Organic Burst acai powder. They are vegan, raw, gluten free and packed full of healthy protein and nutrients to keep you fuelled for the day (or evening) ahead. The best thing about raw cookies is that you need little to no equipment (just a bowl and spoon in this case) and you just put them in the freezer to set! Easy, quick and healthy but still deliciously fruity and cookie like, these are real crowd pleasers.
Recipe – makes around 16 drop cookies
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup ground sunflower seeds (sub other seed or nut if you don’t have sunflower seeds)
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mixed dried berries (I used goji berries, orange infused cranberries and sultanas)
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Acai
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly with hands to make a cookie shape. Decorate with goji berries.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before enjoying. Best eaten straight from the freezer.
Leave a Reply