It’s seriously cold and wet here today. Perfect weather for a summery jar of nice cream right? It made sense at the time. I adore hot sauces in a jar of nice cream and this superfood berry sauce was a joy to swirl into the lemony goodness. I wanted to make it yellow, so I used a touch of turmeric (also incredibly good for you), yippee for natural food colourings! This is creamy, sweet, sharp and citrusy all at the same time.
For the sauce –
- 1 tbsp Your Superfoods Forever Beautiful Superfood mix (or 1 tbsp chia seeds)
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
- 1/4 cup water
Lemon nice cream
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup almond mylk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Make your berry superfood sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a small pan over a gentle heat. Stir through and leave to simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. When the berries and chia become jammy take off the heat to cool.
- Add bananas, a little of the almond mylk, vanilla extract, turmeric, date and lemon juice to a blender. Add more almond mylk as needed until smooth and creamy. Save the lemon zest for sprinkles.
- Smear berry sauce around and inside your glass. Spoon in lemon nice cream and top with raspberries and lemon sprinkles.
Tiinatuuli @myberryforest says
Lemon and berries – one of my fav combos 🙂 Really in love with this creation <3 Beautiful pics!
Ohh me too, there aren’t many combinations that remind me of sunshine as much as these do! Thank you for stopping by!