It’s almost the weekend (and my birthday), so I’m starting celebrations early with this sweet, crunchy chocolate almond slice! Gooey, sweet date caramel infused with almond butter, crushed almonds, puffed rice and dark chocolate all in one bite. Sound good? These are super easy to make, no bake, refined sugar and gluten free and taste like heaven! This 6 ingredient recipe is going to change your life, it really couldn’t be any simpler!
They only need 30 minutes in the fridge too, a real win for me, usually the worst part about raw desserts is waiting for them to set in the freezer!
These would make the perfect healthy dessert, or a nutritious snack to grab and go. They don’t last long though, so I recommend hiding some in the freezer if you want to enjoy them for more than a couple of days.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to know! Please rate it, leave me a comment below, or take a pic and tag me on Instagram @bos.kitchen or #boskitchen.
- 20 dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup puffed rice
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g dark chocolate (sugar free)
- Sea salt (optional)
- If dates are dry, soak in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, then add to a food processor with almond butter and vanilla extract. Process until a paste is formed.
- Add puffed rice and almonds to a mixing bowl, along with the date paste. Stir well with a wooden spoon to combine. It should be a very sticky ball.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and push in the mixture, smoothing over with the back of a spoon to make sure it is even.
- Melt chocolate in a bain marie and pour over the mixture. Set aside in the fridge to set, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices with a hot knife and sprinkle with a little sea salt.