It’s the season of desserts and all things sweet, so I had to share with you one of my all time favourite (and EASY) desserts – the chocolate tart!
These little tarts are the perfect after dinner treat, mid afternoon snack and make a stunning treat for a dinner party with friends. The best thing is they taste naughty, rich and creamy but are secretly healthy!
Gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan and if that hasn’t grabbed your attention – they even sneak in two fruits! The filling is so creamy and smooth, it tastes like a rich chocolate ganache. Not only are these tarts gonna nourish your bod, they involve NO baking and come together in one food processor! No bowls, no mess, no oven. Minimal effort to prepare and hardly any washing up – my favourite.
Both the crust and filling are infused with rich chocolate flavour, a choccy tart has to taste chocolatey, right? The crust is a base of cacao, sticky medjool dates, almonds and gluten free oats which makes for a flavourful no bake pastry.
Have you guessed what the filling is made with yet? Avocado and coconut cream are my secret ingredients (avo is technically a fruit) and if you’ve not tried making a sweet dessert with them before, you gotta give this a whirl! It has to be tasted to be believed. The texture is melt in your mouth smooth and seriously addictive. I always like to make a little extra of the filling so I can enjoy a little pot all to myself. Chef’s perks, right?!
I added more chocolate on top and sprinkled over some pomegranate arils for a little festive cheer, crunch and a subtle tartness to offset the richness of the chocolate – so good!
I also blended a scoop of WelleCo Nourishing Protein in to the creamy filling which works a charm. Made with Peruvian cacao and loaded with organic sprouted brown rice and pea protein, it’s another secret ingredient that will take your desserts to the next level.
I love knowing that my sweet treats are nourishing my body too – so I always try and sneak in a little something extra whenever I can. It also tastes AMAZING on its own with frozen bananas, a handful of spinach, almond mylk and a little cinnamon (my fave seasonal smoothie at the mo). One scoop contains just over 16g of plant based protein! If you don’t have any of this Nourishing Protein, just add in some more cacao powder.
You can make the crust up to a week in advance to save even more time – simply whip up the filling before serving. If you have any crust left over it makes delicious bliss balls too! If you don’t have mini tart tins, you could also make this into one shallow 8″ tart.
I’d love to hear if you make this recipe! Rate it, leave me a comment below or even better, take a snap and load it onto Instagram so I can have a look! Don’t forget to tag me @bos.kitchen in both the caption and picture so I can see it.
This post is sponsored by WelleCo. All opinions are my own.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1.5 cup oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (no need to melt)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 small-medium avocado
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop WelleCo Nourishing Protein
- 3 tbsp coconut cream (the fat from a can of coconut milk)*
- ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ pomegranate, deseeded
- Prepare crust by adding almonds, oats and cacao to a food processor. Blend on high until it forms a fine crumb. Add in dates, salt, coconut oil and blend. The mixture should start to form a dough, but if it's too dry add in the water a tbsp at a time until it sticks together.
- Lightly grease tart tins with a little coconut oil. Press crust into tins and set aside in the fridge.
- Empty out food processor and add in all filling ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and glossy.
- Spoon dollops of filling into each crust and top with chopped chocolate and pomegranate. These keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Leave a Reply