Kiwi, vanilla, bananas and a delicious power matcha blend from Your Superfoods are packed into this energising smoothie. I like my smoothies super thick and very cold so I added some ice to keep these babies creamy cool to the last slurp.
I layered a little vanilla chia pud at the bottom too for an extra burst of energy, which makes this the perfect breakfast smoothie. Have I mentioned how much I love matcha? Well, I do love it…a lot. I never thought it would be possible to find something to compete with my morning Americano but matcha always hits the spot. This blend is a mix of matcha, maca, moringa, wheatgrass and barley grass and actually has a really delicate flavour. A nice surprise for a green powder.
Sorry for the delay with getting my blog on the go. It’s been an unpredictable rollercoaster of a year so far and I’ve needed time to process the changes in my world. One thing I can be sure of is making food makes me feel happy so I’m going to keep creating and eating!
Recipe (makes two big smoothies) –
- 4 frozen bananas
- Handful of frozen ice cubes
- Seeds from one vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 3 kiwis (cut off a few thin slices if you want to stick some to your jar)
- 2-3 pears
- 2 cups almond mylk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tsp matcha
- Blend all ingredients apart from the broccoli and power matcha until smooth and creamy. Set aside half the mix into your glasses (or a jug if you want to make pretty layers) and blend the remaining mix with the broccoli and matcha.
- Add a layer of chia pudding to the bottom of your jar and stick some kiwi slices to the inside of your jar. Layer the smoothies with dollops of each smoothie for a swirly effect or layer with the light colour underneath and green on top for the ombre effect.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and enjoy!
So vibrant! 💙