Gluten free, vegan and full of superfoods. Not something we generally associate with pizzas, but this recipe is a game changer. It takes less than half an hour to whip up these mini sunshine pizzas. Containing maca, chia seeds and turmeric, they pack a real nutritional punch. I topped mine with humous, but use whatever you have on hand, I’m sure tahini or tomato sauce would work well too. If you’d like the recipe for the pretty pink humous, take a peek here. I had these for lunch yesterday and they kept me going right through the afternoon.
Recipe (makes 6-7 mini pizzas)
For the crust –
- 3/4 cup gram flour
- 3 tbsp Organic Burst chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Organic Burst maca powder
- Himalayan pink salt and black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a large baking tray or line with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chia seeds and 6 tbsp water to form a gel.
- Add gram flour, water, turmeric, maca powder, pink salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well until it comes together as a sticky dough. Add a little more water if you need to. It should be thick, but still drop slowly off a spoon.
- Drop a tablespoon of the mix on to your greased or lined baking tray. Shape into mini pizza bases with as spoon. Bake for 20 mins or until firm.
- While the pizza is cooking, prepare your toppings, I used humous and veggies.
- When firm and golden, remove from oven and decorate.