There’s a couple of milkshake shops in my city and for years I’ve walked by them, glancing longingly at the extensive menu and wishing they’d have a change of heart and decide to go dairy free. You can get pretty much any sweet or chocolate you can think of blended up with ice cream or ice cold milk. As tempting as they look, I can’t stomach dairy or huge amounts of sugar any more, so I decided to create these super easy, delicious and secretly nutritous cookie dough milkshakes!
Yep, you read right, all the flavours of a cookie dough in drinkable form, complete with a mini cookie on top, chocolate drizzle and some dairy free whipped cream. This recipe is a winner!
Thick and creamy, gently infused with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and sweetened naturally with medjool dates. I also added some maca powder to the shake, which is full of B vitamins and is said to be a powerful adaptogen (goodbye crazy hormones). Maca has a lovely caramel flavour which works well in this recipe, but it’s totally optional if you don’t have any.
I made a cashew layer at the top of the shake, just to add a little extra creamy sweetness, but feel free to just blend it all together if you prefer, I promise it will be just as delicious! If you’d like to make your own cookies to go on top, check out my chocolate chip almond butter cookies here.
I used a ready made soya whipped cream for the fluffy top, but you can always sub with whipped coconut cream instead.
This shake is just the thing when you’re craving something cold and creamy, but not as heavy as a smoothie. I’ve used chia seeds and blended oats to help thicken this, which gives the added benefit of keeping you fuller for longer!
You’re going to love this cookie dough milkshake! It’s:
Full of wholesome ingredients
So what are you waiting for? Let’s do this!
If you do give these shakes a whirl, I’d love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment below, rate it, or take a snap and tag me on Instagram @bos.kitchen.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- super tiny
- pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for 30 mins in boiling water
- 3 mini cookies
- dairy free whipped cream
- ⅛ cup dark chocolate
- Melt chocolate for decorating the glasses over a bain marie (in a small bowl over a small pan of simmering water). Once melted, allow to cool for a minute or two then drizzle round the edge of your glasses.
- Add all ingredients apart from the cashews to a food processor or blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pour ⅔ of the shake into glasses and set aside in the fridge to chill and thicken for 5-10 minutes. Add drained cashews to the remaining shake in the blender and process until smooth. Top up the glasses with the cashew shake.
- Before serving, top with a cookie, a generous amount of dairy free whipped cream and a little chopped chocolate.