Easy one bowl raspberry coconut cake that melts in your mouth. Super light and fluffy coconut cake studded with fresh raspberries and finished with a layer of gooey raspberry jam. This cake comes together in minutes! Just one bowl needed and it’s in the oven in under ten minutes.
This raspberry coconut cake is just like those sweet and fluffy coconut cakes you find at your fave coffee shop. With a delicate, light crumb, this cake is a delicious combination of flavours, sweet, milky coconut and juicy raspberries. Goes down a treat with a cup of coffee. The best thing about this cake? It takes less than ten minutes to put together and is made in one bowl. Just under an hour to bake and you’ve probably got all the ingredients in your cupboard already.
There’s something so sweet and inviting about this flavour, it’s just the pick me up I need as we slowly emerge from this bitterly cold winter. Loaf cakes are my go to when I’m in need of a fuss free cake, they require minimal effort and don’t need much fancy decorating.
Reasons to love this raspberry coconut cake –
- Light and fluffy
- Easy to make in one bowl
- Made with simple ingredients
- Topped with gooey raspberry jam and coconut flakes for extra flavour
How to make it –
Raspberry coconut cake
Cream the vegan butter and sugar together in a bowl with a wooden spoon or electric whisk. Make a flax ‘egg’ with ground flaxseed and water. Mx into the creamed butter and sugar, then stir through the dry ingredients. Fold through the raspberries and pour the batter into prepared loaf tin. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cool rack. Top with raspberry jam, a sprinkle of desiccated coconut and fresh raspberries to finish.
Have you made this loaf cake?
I always love to have your feedback on my recipes, so please leave me a comment below if you’ve had the change to bake this cake.
If you use social media and fancy taking a snap, I’d love to see! Feel free to tag me in the picture @bos.kitchen so I can share with my followers.
You can find more yummy baked recipes in my soon to be released cookbook ‘Eat the Rainbow’, I’m thrilled to finally be an author and have poured my heart and soul into the book. If you’d like to support me by signing up for a pre order of the book, I’d be eternally grateful! You can find the preorder link here.
Raspberry coconut cake
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 175 grams vegan butter
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed plus 6 tbsp water
- 225 grams self raising flour
- 70 grams desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 150 grams fresh raspberries
- 120 grams raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180•c and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and vegan butter using a wooden spoon or electric whisk. The mixture should be pale and fairly smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir ground flaxseed with water to form a gel or flax 'egg'. Set aside to thicken for two minutes then mix into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Stir through the self raising flour, desiccated coconut and cornflour until fully combined. The mixture will be quite thick.
- Add raspberries to the bowl, reserving 5-6 for the topping if desired. Stir them through the mixture until evenly dispersed. It doesn't matter if they break up a little bit, this will create delicious ripples or raspberry in the cake.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 55 minutes, or until the top is firm and golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Spread raspberry jam over the top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with desiccated coconut. Top with a few fresh raspberries. Slice and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to four days.