It’s officially summertime! My favourite time of year, not only for the extra sunshine, but the seasonal produce. Cherry season is always one I look forward to. Although the birds got to most of them on my tree, there’s still an overflow of juicy cherries at my local market and I’m enjoying them on the regular.
I can’t get enough of them and I’m sneaking them into breakfast and desserts at any opportunity. Enter these no fuss, super speedy cherry coconut cups that are the most delicious summery snack.
A chocolatey coconut crust is filled with a big dollop of Provamel Soya with Coconut alternative to yogurt Free From Sugars and topped with a little dark chocolate and fresh cherries. There’s something utterly irresistible about cherries, coconut and chocolate together. A perfect summery combination, don’t you think?
These little cups are low in sugar and full of wholesome ingredients so you can eat them for breakfast, but they’re subtly sweet enough to enjoy after dinner. The ideal emergency fridge snack for lazy summer evenings. They come together in less than 20 minutes and you can prep a batch ahead for the week, filling them just before serving.
Provamel Soya with Coconut alternative to yogurt Free From Sugars is organic (yay!) and low in saturated fat. I just love the flavour of it! Coconut is always a win for me in any form (certified coconut lover over here) but this has such a smooth creamy texture, it works perfectly with juicy cherries and it’s so much easier than whipping up coconut cream. In the summertime, all I want is something quick and tasty, the less time in the kitchen the better.
You can also make these raw if you prefer, just pop the crust into the freezer for 2-4 hours, until firm. I prefer to bake them for this recipe though, as I love nothing more than something smooth and creamy with a little crunch!
I’d love to hear if you try this recipe! Please leave me a comment below, rate it, or take a snap and post it on Instagram tagging me @bos.kitchen. Nothing makes me happier than seeing your recreations!
Happy cherry season, friends! xoxoxo
*This post is sponsored by Provamel, but all opinions are my own
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup buckwheat
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pot Provamel Soya with Coconut alternative to yogurt Free From Sugars
- 1 cup cherries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180•c. Unless you have a silicon cupcake mould, grease a regular cupcake tin with a little coconut oil.
- Prepare cups by adding all crust ingredients to a food processor, pulsing until combined. The mixture should stick together easily in your fingers. If not, add a tbsp of water at a time and pulse again.
- Press the crust into prepared cupcake tin to form the cups. Bake in the oven for 15 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully.
- When ready to serve, fill with a generous dollop of Zero Sugar Big Pot with Coconut. Top with fresh cherries and a little dark chocolate.